Wednesday 4 June 2014

REVIEW: V05 Give Me Texture Dry Texturising Spray

I'm always on the lookout for products that give my hair a boost in volume and texture. I have quite thick long hair but it still can look a little flat on top. Browsing the blogging world and YouTube, I found a few people had tried out the V05 Give Me Texture Dry Texturising Spray and I thought I'd give it a go!


First of all, I love the bright pink packaging. This was part of V05's re-branding move and I think it's a winner! 

Ok, onto the product itself. I found that it put body into my hair initially but lacked holding power hours after. This could be down to the aerosol being slightly too fine in dispersing enough texture into the hair. The texture did remind me a lot of a dry shampoo, particularly the Batiste ones, but without the white residue. I think a product that has more grit to its formula will work a lot better in creating lasting body. One thing I did notice is that my hair went back to how it was after about 20 minutes of walking to university when it was slightly blustery outside. Not great.

Would I repurchase this? No, I don't feel like it did very much for my hair other than just a quick fix that only lasted an hour or so. 

Would I recommend it? No, I think there are others on the market which are better value for money. 

The V05 Give Me Texture Dry Texturising Spray is available from Boots for £3.79 here and from Superdrug for the same price here.

Have you tried this product? What did you think of it?

What is your favourite product for texturising and putting body into your hair?

Thank you for reading! 





No comments:

Post a Comment