Monday 2 June 2014

REVIEW: Botanics Mattifying Gel-Cream | FAIL PRODUCT

Bonjour my lovelies and welcome to another skincare review!

Many many moons ago, I wrote a blog about my then skincare routine. Now I don't expect you to trail through my blog to find that post so here is a quick profile of my skin...

  • My problem area for rosacea/redness and spots is my chin. I occasionally get them on my forehead but not in as much of a crowd.
  • My t-zone is very oily but my nose is often dry.
  • When a spot is finished with disrupting my face, it leaves a rather lovely red mark behind. 

Now, I want to point your attention to the 2nd point I made. Oily AND dry patches on my skin. I really struggle with finding a moisturiser that doesn't break me out by contributing to the oils already in my skin but also that keeps my skin hydrated, especially the dryness around my nose.




I bought the Botanics Shine Away Mattifying Gel Cream a few weeks ago to test out. I'd heard great things about the brand and was tired of rich creams that constantly broke me out. I thought the gel formula would be a good alternative.

This unfortunately, is not the blog post where I tell you that I have found my holy grail, prayer answering magic in a bottle. Alas, my quest for an amazing moisturiser that ticks all the boxes with its bells and whistles jingling is still in full motion.

Sigh.

What I would like to inform you of is how much of a FAIL this product is. This gel cream seconds after application literally shed off of my skin like a nasty sunburn. It left a tingling sensation on my skin which I wasn't too keen on as I already get that from my tea tree toner. It doesn't moisturise at all. Yes, it mattifies the skin, but no greater than a good setting powder and/or blotting papers would!

I really tried to persevere with this product, wondering if it were just my skin being off for a couple of days. Needless to say, after about 2-3 weeks of use it was clear to me that this product just did nothing for my skin.

So ultimately I was left pretty disappointed with this product. It did cost me under £5 so I can't moan too much but I think even for that small price, its still such a disappointment. 

Would I recommend this product? Absolutely not.


Have you tried any other products from Botanic's? What did you think of them?

Thank you for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment